Tuesday, February 24, 2009

searching.




I don't know when my fascination with marriage began. Probably as soon as I was old enough to understand what it was.

My parents have one of the best relationships I've ever witnessed. My dad still opens the door for my mom wherever we go. I don't think people realize just how uncommon such a small task is anymore. But I'm glad that I was fortunate enough to grow up around love like that.

Sadly, life is no fairy tale. In the past year I have seen so many individuals completely disrespect the sanction of marriage. Cheating, lying, just a lack of any kind of motivation to keep a marriage alive. It was truly disheartening for me to see. And for a while I gave up on the idea of ever getting married. Or even having a "significant other". What's the point? If no one respects the same values or ideals that I do, why should I waste my time on them. I'm sick of settling. But recently I was awakened. I don't know exactly what happened. But I'm not giving up on the thought of real love.

3 comments:

M.Nassif said...

indeed it's a rare gentle attitude that is between ur parents but hopefully there are still more ppl who act like that and believe in the same meanings
I'm glad you are not giving up anymore , I believe it's there and one day you will meet _ ur true love_ just be patient
good luck! :)

أخـــ مسلمة ـــت said...

I think you're somehow right

but, dear , it's "inevitable"

if you don't find the one who believes in what you believe in, it's better to be alone waiting for the time when u find this one

I'm sure it'll cost u many "NO"s
but it deserves

best wishes :)

الحسيني said...

pleas change image
it is Unsuited
Unfortunately